SCREEN-L Archives

February 1996, Week 3

From:
Susana Conde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 16:58:33 -0700
Finally, the message that I meant to write a couple of days ago but didn't!
I agree with the response to Jonna Roos.  I would like to add that I thought
that the movie used the rather well-discussed subject of capital punishment
to bring in another that is of general concern: that of redemption.
Actually, I cannot see the film as anything but a very well presented and
developed approach to the theme of redemption.  That, indeed, does appeal to
all classes, races, sexes, nationalities, and religious persuasions.

        Thank you for moving the discussion from the obligatory political
angle into something that is everyone's concern.  Susana Conde.