SCREEN-L Archives

January 1999, Week 2

From:
paul wiener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 12:02:31 -0500
How about Haskell Wexler's "Medium Cool." Also "A Face in the Crowd,"
"Sweet Smell of Success." " The Front Page." (both versions). "1984."

Preston Sturges comes to mind too. I'm not sure "Truman Show" addresses
that issue - if it does, so does "Pleasantville." Cheers.

At 03:06 PM 1/7/99 -0800, you wrote:
>> I am trying to accumulate a list of Hollywood films whose primary
>> narrative emphasis dramatizes an issue of media ethics.
>> Examples include Wag the Dog, Quiz SHow, Bulworth, Natural Born Killers,
>> Man Bites Dog, Broadcast News, Citizen Kane, The Truman Show, Absence of
>> Malice, Network, and so on.  I would appreciate any suggestions to add
>to my list.
>>
>> J. Moran
>>

>----
>Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
>http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite

Paul B. Wiener
Special Services Librarian
SUNY at Stony Brook