SCREEN-L Archives

June 1996, Week 4

From:
Chris Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 11:37:29 EST
Re: Scriptwriters in Film

Screenwriters don't appear as often as actors and directors in films
about Hollywood.  Some of the best examples, however, are: _Sunset
Boulevard_ (referred to in _The Player_); _In A Lonely Place_ (with
Bogart as a screenwriter); _Boy Meets Girl_ (with James Cagney).  The
more recent film, _The Big Picture_ is interesting on that score as
well.

I have a related query: I'm interested in films that show scenes of
writers pitching scripts or story ideas.  Of course, _The Player_
masterfully lampoons this activity throughout and pitches appear in
the movies cited above.  Other examples?  I'd be grateful.

Chris Ames
English Department
Agnes Scott College
141 East College Ave