SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

Sender:
From:
Henly Wolin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 1994 03:32:12 EDT
I've only seen bits and pieces of the Glenn Gould film..but it occurs to me
that he exists (for many people) in his recordings. The two recording of
Bach's Goldberg Variations act as 1st and last chapters to his life. The
filmakers chose to use his a recordings as a represntation of the person may
not be the best use of film but in this case it may be effective
storytelling. I guess I'll have to wait for the film to come out on video to
find out how far off the mark I actually am...

Henly