SCREEN-L Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
Steve Sharma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:28:16 -0800
Greetings,
I have recently began working with a small video production company.
The owner has limited knowledge of video equipment.
In order to save money, one of the employees has suggested using
one digital camera (with 3 CCDs) and several SVHS cameras.
He believes that if we use the digital camera like a mixer and plug all
of the SVHS cameras into it, then the quality of the finished product
will be that of the digital camera.

I am worried that the footage shot on the SVHS cameras will not be of the same quality as the digital camera (the quality that we need).

Any information would be greatly appreciated,
Steven Sharma

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite