SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

From:
"Tonelli, Melissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 10:30:51 CST

Don't know where you're located, but Asian and Asian/American cinema
resources in New York City include:

The Asia Society (212) 288-6400
Asian CineVision (212) 925-8685
NY Public Library - Chatham Square Branch (212) 964-6598

The Asia Society frequently hosts film screenings of contemporary Asian
films.  Asian CineVision sponsors the annual International Asian American
Film Festival and they publish a resource guide, which includes both books
and films/videos by both Asian and Asian American filmmakers.  I'm not sure
if it would include actors' bios, but it would be a good place to start.
 Located in the heart of Chinatown -- right across the street from ACV --
 the NYPL Chatham Square branch is I'll bet they've got something there.

Does anyone know where I can find biographies of well-known contemporary
Asian
and Asian-American actors and actresses?

I'd appreciate any ideas you might have.

Thanks,
Liz