SCREEN-L Archives

April 2002, Week 1

From:
"M. Behlil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:02:22 +0200
A friend is interested in putting together a class on dance in film.
I'm quoting her mail below.

"I'm interested in exploring the gradual integration of movies with
dance. Clearly, feature films like The Gold Diggers of 1933, Invitation
to the Dance, and Swing Time should be included. But I need a little
help with some other choices. I'd like the films to range
internationally, if possible, and show development of the marriage of
camera and human movement. That might mean bringing in some Maya Deren
(say, one evening of experimental works), even some influential
ethnographic films."

I thought Bollywood would be another place to look at. Any other
suggestions? She's not a list member, but I can forward her the

Thanks!
Melis Behlil.