SCREEN-L Archives

June 2010, Week 1

From:
Britta Feyerabend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 07:15:51 +0200
Hi Michael,

also Allen's "Husbands and Wives" might be interesting in the context
as it's about making a documentary and thefilmmaker in the editing
room are featured. Also Annie Hall has the protagonist "recover" after
seeing a Marx Bros pic with his niece and realizing that life should
not be taken too seriously. Pretty much any Allen movie has allusions
to and movie watching in it...

Greetings,
Britta

Am 06.06.2010 um 16:07 schrieb Frank, Michael:

> PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO
>
> HITCHCOCK'S SABOTAGE -- dealt with in detail by susan smith in her
> splendid book on hitchcock

********************
Dr. Britta Feyerabend
Department of English and Linguistics
American Studies
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Jakob Welder-Weg 18
D-55099 Mainz
Deutschland/Germany

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +49-(0)6131-3925691
Fax: +49-(0)6131-3925577

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org