SCREEN-L Archives

July 2001, Week 3

From:
Greg Oguss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:10:28 -0700
Elayne,

If you haven't yet, you should definitely take a look at _Resolutions:
Contemporary Video Practices_, edited by Michael Renov and Erika Suderburg,
which frequently explores the linkages between video and the "confessional
urge." You also might want to track down Caren Kaplan's piece on female
"outlaw" autobiographical literature (e.g. the Latin American genre of
testimonio), entitled "Resisting Autobiography," which is reprinted in
_De/Colonizing the Subject_, edited by Sidonie Smith and Julia Watson.

Sounds like a great project. Good luck,

Greg Oguss
USC School of Cinema-TV