SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 1

From:
Eugene Walz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 17:40:45 -0600
I'm sure Buster Keaton did it in one of his movies; I can see him in my
mind's eye running with a dress on--but I can't for the life of me think of
the movie!

More to the point, it was a staple of vaudeville, and Milton Berle did it
all the time on his weekly TV show in the 1950s. This was so morally
offensive to my RC parents that we were forbidden to watch Uncle Miltie
(besides, he was on opposite Bishop Sheen)!

Gene Walz
Winnipeg, MB Canada