SCREEN-L Archives

August 2002, Week 5

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:27:47 -0400
7bit
From:
Stephen Sheehi <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Dear Michael

I am in general agreement with your regarding Bauhaus (as well as its
later American appropriation). But would you say that there is also a
question of the ambiguity of its effect? That Bauhaus can be blurred,
albeit awkwardly, with fascist architecture and American
functional "egalitarianism" might indicate a shared discursive field
that is discomforting, no?

Just thought.
best

Stephen