SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

From:
Drew Halevy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 1994 17:01:37 -0500
not to start a debate, but i had the exact oppsite reaction. i thought
that Wyatt Earp was simply horrible. I kept waiting for someone to shoot
Kevin Costner for such bad acting. the only good acting in the film was
Dennis Quaid. WE reminded me Geranimo, which carried the revisionist
history theme too far. I simply did not enjoy G or WE. I felt the acting
in WE was simply horrible. WE was about 2.5 hours too long. Tombstone was
no barn burner, but at least it was entertaining.-Drew

Drew Halevy
Department of History
University of Arkansas