SCREEN-L Archives

April 2004, Week 3

Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:46:07 -0400
Thought everyone would want to know that the new Women Make Movies catalog is now available.  Thanks, as ever, for your continued support of the organization.

Best,
Malika

Malika Crutchfield
Women Make Movies
462 Broadway, Suite 500
New York, NY 10013

Women Make Movies ( www.wmm.com ), the largest distributor of women's films and videos in the world, is pleased to announce the release of our new 2004 Film and Video Catalog. Our extraordinary collection of more than 500 titles includes 24 New Releases that address some of today's most timely and compelling social and human rights issues, including perspectives from women of the Middle East, South Asia and Latin America. Learn more about our New Releases at www.wmm.com/catalog/new_releases or find out how to request a catalog at www.wmm.com/catalog/catalog.htm.

*******NOW AVAILABLE: WMM'S NEW 2004 CATALOG FEATURING 24 OUTSTANDING NEW RELEASES*******

Women Make Movies is pleased to announce the availability of our new 2004 Film and Video Catalog!

As global concerns become increasingly important, WMM is more dedicated than ever to bringing the perspectives of women to the forefront of pubic discussion with a collection that is international, timely and diverse. To that end, this year's catalog features 24 extraordinary New Releases that address some of today's most relevant social and human rights issues.

Featured is an impressive collection of films from women in the Middle East and South Asia, which includes Afghanistan Unveiled by Brigitte Brault and the Aina Women Filming Group, the first team of women journalists to be trained in that country and For a Place Under the Heavens, by Sabiha Sumar (Who Will Cast the First Stone and Don't Ask Why). Sumar's latest feature, Silent Waters, will be screening in New Directors/New Films in New York later this month.

We're also proud to offer a number of new titles that explore both the political history and contemporary issues in Latin American countries, including The Kidnapping of Ingrid Betancourt, by Victoria Bruce and Karin Hayes, and War Takes, by Adelaida Trujillo and Patricia Castaņo, both of which address the current situation in Colombia.

Finally, we're excited to present some of the year's most anticipated films, including Beah: A Black Woman Speaks, by LisaGay Hamilton, which is featured on this year's catalog cover. This moving tribute to the life of actress, poet and activist Beah Richards documents her struggles against racial stereotypes in Hollywood and New York, and her passionate work for Civil Rights. Find out more about these and other New Releases at  www.wmm.com/catalog/new_releases.

If you're a current WMM customer, your 2004 Film and Video Catalog should be arriving soon. To find out how to request a catalog, visit www.wmm.com/catalog/catalog.htm.

****************ORDERING INFORMATION*******************

Visit our website at www.wmm.com/catalog/catalog.htm for more information on our catalog of films. Please place orders online or via email, fax, mail or phone using the information below.

Women Make Movies
462 Broadway, Suite 503E
New York, NY  10013
Phone: 212.925.0606 x360
Fax: 212.925.2052
Email: [log in to unmask] / www.wmm.com

Women Make Movies is a non-profit media organization which distributes films made exclusively by and about women, covering some of today's most relevant and compelling social and human rights issues. Now through Spring, we have several programs on television. In March, you'll find  Beah: A Black Woman Speaks on HBO, The Kidnapping of Ingrid Betancourt on Cinemax Reel Life and Ruthie & Connie: Every Room in the House on HBO Signature. Coming in April, look for Love & Diane on P.O.V., and My Terrorist on the Sundance Channel. Our collection of more than 500 films and videotapes are also used by thousands of educational, community and cultural organizations annually. For more information, visit www.wmm.com.