SCREEN-L Archives

January 1996, Week 5

From:
winona kent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 23:38:26 -0800
Matthew Thomas wrote:

> Keep your eye out for "When Saturday Comes" a forthcoming British
> feature starring Sean Bean as a Yorkshire collier intent on
> achieving glory as a member of Sheffield United's first team.
> I can't really think of (m)any other features specifically
> depicting soccer heroes - i dimly recall a 60's picture about a
> group of schoolgirls attempting to get tickets for an important
> cup match and eventually breaking into the stadium (White Hart Lane?)
>
> Also a recent TVM (of sorts) on the BBC about two young brothers
> failing to see George Best playing for Man Utd at Anfield
> (vs. Liverpool) - again the title escapes me.
>
> Don't know if this is of any use, or if "When Saturday Comes" will
> even get a full theatrical release, but i hope so.
>
> Matthew Thomas

If you'd like to keep an eye on the Sean Bean page (address below) I'm
trying to stay on top of the film's release, which is March 1st in the
UK.  Not sure if they're going to release it in North America, however I
had read that the title was changed from A Pint o' Bitter to When
Saturday Comes because North American audiences would allegedly not be
able to understand the reference (!).

--

Cheers,
Nona Kent