SCREEN-L Archives

August 2008, Week 1

Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 22:12:42 -0700
Hello, Everyone...

You, your colleagues and/or your students might be interested in offering an
anthropological approach to the subject of extraterrestrial lifeforms as
depicted in popular motion pictures. Our topic area is multidisciplinary.

See the attached documentation for more information. Contact Jim Webb at
[log in to unmask] if you'd like to run any few ideas by the area chair.

Also, I'd love to see a list of any recommended readings that discuss the
use of cinematic imagery in human cultures, especially readings concerned
with extraterrestrial or simply "unearthly" imagery.

Best regards all around...

Jim

Cinematic Extraterrestrials Area Chair

2008 "Film & Science" Conference (30 Oct - 2 Nov 2008 Chicago)

http://www.uwosh.edu/filmandhistory/events/documents/CinematicExtraterrestri
als.doc

 <http://www.uwosh.edu/filmandhistory/index.php>
http://www.uwosh.edu/filmandhistory/index.php