SCREEN-L Archives

July 1993

Sender:
From:
John Izod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1993 14:09:28 BST
You might try LETTER TO BREZHNEV or BLONDE FIST.  Both come out of
Liverpool, as did Rita herself, I think.

Incidentally, what are the grounds for thinking of EDUCATING RITA as
a Hollywood film, as Harriet Margolis suggests? Is it just money?  From
here, it looks and sounds very British.  But then we old colonisers are
getting used to our new lives as the colonised...

I shan't be at this desk for ten days or so, so if this starts a debate
that will explain my not contributing to it for a while.

John Izod
Film & Media Studies
University of Stirling