SCREEN-L Archives

February 1997, Week 4

From:
Bjorn Aas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:39:37 +0100
Time has come to bring 95 norwegian media students to LA for a forthnigth,
and I try to prepare them as best as I can.

In case you didn't realize, a norwegian film has been nominated for the
third (or fourth) time for an Oscar. So our group will be there during the
running up for the show. Sadly we leave US two days before the ceremony, but
we will spend some time pondering on the Academy Awards.

Here are my question:

        - Where on the net can I find information about Who and What and
        How the Academy functions? Some I have found at the official web-
        site, but wants more.

As we leave Norway in less than a week, I have no time to get hold of
relevant litterature. And yes, I will spend too much again at Samuel French
Bookstore, and find relevant litterature there, for the next time a
norwegian film is nominated. But what is available some screen away?

Yours friendly

Bjorn Aas, TV-lecturer, Danvik Folkehogskole, N-3046 Drammen, Norway
             (Danvik School of Media and Communication)
  Tel: ..47 3283 1290  Fax: ..47 3289 1245  E-mail [log in to unmask]
             Home-page http://www.sn.no/home/bjoernaa/