SCREEN-L Archives

May 1995, Week 3

Date:
Mon, 15 May 1995 11:46:53 CDT
Date sent:  15-MAY-1995 07:45:04

A friend asked me to post this question:

"I am looking for a feature documentary made sometime in probably the early
or mid- '80s.  It concerns I believe a city councilman running for mayor in
Aspen or some ski town in Colorado.  We see the candidate raving onscreen
in
his underwear and swilling a half-gallon bottle of vodka while bimbos
cavort
behind him, defend himself against charges of gangrape, and all manner of
indefensible behavior.  In the end, still in the middle of the race, we
learn
he has been shot and killed in some drunken brawl outside a card game.  The
film was probably broadcast nationally or possibly locally in New York,
although PBS's POINT OF VIEW series, the logical choice, has no record of
it.
 Anyone with clues, please contact me at