SCREEN-L Archives

January 1993

From:
Maureen Furniss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1993 15:57:07 PST
I am writing on the relationship between spiritual practices and
filmmaking, and would like to know if anyone has documentation of
any filmmakers who were either interested in or influenced by
eastern religions or the popular writings of, for example, Carl Jung,
Alan Watts, D.T. Suzuki, and Christopher Isherwood.  I am also
interested in any information related to the arts and "alternative"
spiritual practices, in general--mystical experience, alchemy,
etc.  My study focuses primarily on avant-garde filmmakers, but
I am open to any suggestions!

Thanks -

Maureen Furniss