SCREEN-L Archives

March 1997, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 10:20:56 EST
Dorota S.Lubanska writes:

> Hi All,
>

> What I need are:
>
> 1. Titles of the movies in which someone projected him/herself into a
> movie/computer game. The only example I can think of so far is Woody
> Allen's "The Purple Rose of Cairo" (however I am not sure whether the
> viewer entered the movie or the movie hero came down to her -- can anyone
> solve this?)

TRON
THE PROJECTIONIST
SHERLOCK JR.
THE LAST ADVENTURE HERO
NORTHWEST HOUNDED POLICE
BACALL TO ARMS
TORTOISE BEATS HARE
and something vaguely akin to this happens in one episode of TWILIGHT
ZONE:  THE MOVIE

You might also start watching for things on kid's TV.  There are a couple
of episodes of Goosebumps or Who's Afraid of the Dark where the
protagonist becomes a character in a video game or comic book.

Mark Langer

Email address: [log in to unmask]