SCREEN-L Archives

January 1998, Week 4

From:
Blaine Allan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 17:35:05 -0500
Though not directly pertaining to the original query, which had to do with
musicals, I'd like to relay a question from a colleague who's teaching a
course based on the adaptation of literary and theatrical work to film.
He's restricting himself to texts that have received more than one film
adaptation.  Please do not clog the list with suggestions; he's got enough.

But he did have a specific question I couldn't answer.  He's got the Kazan
version of A Streetcar Named Desire (as well as the more recent ones), but
he sort of recalls hearing that a filmed record of the original stage
production had turned up.  Anyone have more information?

Blaine.

Blaine Allan                   [log in to unmask]
Film Studies
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario
Canada  K7L 3N6