SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 1994 14:56:53 CST
Author:  [log in to unmask]
Date:    12/22/94 12:50 AM

[Editor's note:  This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]

>especially) during prime time.  I had taped the episode and checked it
>twice (in the spirit of the season), and it is definitely there.

>hostilities.  In a scene where two patients are quarreling, one says to the
>other, "Aw f**k off, Stan!"
>
>Did anyone else catch this? Has anyone heard about either a loosening of
>guidelines or any censure from the FCC?
>
>--Richard Leskosky

I saw the episode but I am sure he did not say "Aw fuck off, Stan." I
recall being amused by the character saying a word very similar to the
dread F-word. While I would like to defer to your taped copy, I think I
would've sat up and noticed if that was actually what was said. Also, I
don't think there's any way a network would allow it.

Curtis

Never Get Out of the Boat       |       [log in to unmask]