SCREEN-L Archives

March 2019, Week 2

From:
Lyndsey E Shelton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2019 02:21:32 +0000
Name: Lyndsey Shelton

Email: [log in to unmask]

Category: Announcements and Queries

Subject Line: In Media Res – The Problem of Post Horror

This week's In Media Res looks at The Problem of Post Horror (3/4/19-3/8/19)

Here is the lineup: http://mediacommons.org/imr/

Monday, March 4, 2019 – Shellie McMurdo (University of Roehampton) presents: The Problem with Post-Horror

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 – Thomas Watson (Northumbria University) presents: “If you feel like screaming, I definitely think that you should”: The House that Jack Built and the continued pervasiveness of the art/ horror debate in contemporary cinema

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 – Craig Mann (Sheffield Hallam University) presents: The Death of Deathwave

Thursday, March 7, 2019 – Stella Gaynor (University of Salford) presents: Horror and quality: when the Gothic gets gruesome in The Haunting of Hill House.

Friday, March 8, 2019 – Laura Mee (University of Hertfordshire) presents: The Shining and the spectre of ‘elevated horror’

Theme week organized by Shellie McMurdo (University of Roehampton).

To find links for each day's posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure to "like" our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR.

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]

Best,

The In Media Res Team

https://listserv.ua.edu/archives/screen-l.html