SCREEN-L Archives

March 1992

Sender:
From:
"Bert Deivert - Svenska-Filmvet. - HiK" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1992 09:57:58 +0100
Just for the record - The CIA mention was hearsay given to me by a third party.
Just mentioned it to see what others have to say who have been in closer
contact with the recent developments in the USA.  Curiosity, not accusation,
although the CIA has doen its fair share of dubious activities in the past.
Haven't heard the Voice of America over here so I cannot vouch for that.
I thought that what John said about not showing governmentproduced films
in the US was the policy, but I DID SEE Red nightmare with Jack Webb in the
5th grade living in Brigham City, UTAH, USA.  I don't know if it was the USIA
that produced the film, or rather some educational association not part of
the propaganda wing of the government.  I do know that the film affected me,
and I still remember it almost 30 years later.  Of course, I used to watch
Dragnet and thought all policemen were good guys, too, since most of the family
were Irish cops in Boston... :)

Bert