SCREEN-L Archives

March 1998, Week 1

From:
Ken Mogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 10:20:10 -0600
Tonight's (March 5) entry on the "Editor's Day" part of the Hitchcock
Scholars/'MacGuffin' Web site may well be the most delirious so far!
But I claim that it nonetheless manages to say, in 400 words, everything
essential about Hitchcock's films!  (I add the proviso that you truly
have to understand it ...)

Other entries lately have been on: the nature of suspense (citing
PSYCHO); Hitchcock's non-misogyny (citing FRENZY); more on the same
(citing FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT); Hitchcock's Cockney humour (citing
mother-in-law jokes); Betty Balfour and screwball comedy in CHAMPAGNE;
Hitchcock's phrase, 'taking the curse off' something (citing CHAMPAGNE);
my enthusiasm for Patrik Wikström's Hitchcock Web site; the 'intense
inanity' of NORTH BY NORTHWEST.

Thanks for reading this - Ken Mogg (Ed., 'The MacGuffin')
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin/news-home_c.html