SCREEN-L Archives

June 2014, Week 2

From:
Krin Gabbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:08:04 -0400
*The Oxford Bibliography in Cinema and Media Studies Seeks Nominations for*

*The Graduate Student Article Award*

Oxford University Press is inviting you to nominate your best doctoral
students for The Graduate Student Article Award
<http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/obo/page/grad-award-details#3> in
the Oxford
Bibliography in Cinema and Media Studies
<http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/obo/page/cinema-and-media-studies>.

The competition offers advanced graduate students the opportunity to get
published in a peer-reviewed publication, to give visibility to their
research, and to work with the project’s editors and a team of academic
editors at Oxford University Press. Authors of winning proposals will be
offered a contract and an honorarium of $350 or $700 in books for their
contribution.

Last year’s winners submitted excellent articles on “New Media Policy,”
“Popular Hindi Cinema,” “Dziga Vertov,” “Film Sound Design,” and “Social
Problem Films.”

*The Nomination Process*:

To nominate one or more of your graduate students, please fill out the
nomination form here
<http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/staticfiles/Grad%20Award%20Nomination%20Forms/PDF/OB%20Cinema%20and%20Media%20Studies%20Graduate%20Student%20Award%20Nomination%20Form.pdf>.
We are looking for clear thinkers and excellent writers with a strong
command of the literature in their area of expertise.

Please note that the nominees must be advanced doctoral students already
writing their dissertations.

Nominees will then be asked to send in a 750-word proposal, a sample
chapter from their dissertation, their dissertation’s bibliography, and
their CV, along with a list of their dissertation committee members. *Deadline
for nominations is August 29, 2014*. Deadline for submissions would be
*Spring/Summer
2015*.

*The Selection Process*:

Winners will be selected by the Editor-in-Chief
<http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/obo/page/cinema-and-media-studies#2>
and the Advisory Editors
<http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/obo/page/cinema-and-media-studies#editorialBoard>,
in conjunction with the *Oxford Bibliographies* editorial team, based on
the following criteria:

·         Scholarly excellence

·         Command and critical assessment of the literature

·         Clear, concise, and compelling prose

*About Oxford Bibliographies in Cinema and Media Studies*:

Oxford Bibliographies in Cinema and Media Studies is a growing collection
of bibliographic articles on topics in cinema and media studies. At the
moment there are 150 articles online with another 50 currently in
production. As we keep developing this resource, we are particularly
interested in expanding our coverage of media studies. To learn more about
the project and to see published articles, please use username
*gratisuser306* and password *onlineaccess306* to log on:

http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/browse?module_0=obo-9780199791286

For any questions and to learn about what articles we have planned, please
contact [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

Krin Gabbard, Editor in Chief

Oxford Bibliography in Cinema and Media Studies

--
Krin Gabbard
Emeritus Professor of Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies

Editor in Chief, Cinema and Media Studies
Oxford Bibliographies
www.oxfordbibliographies.com/obo/page/cinema-and-media-studies