SCREEN-L Archives

January 2012, Week 2

Sender:
From:
Susanne Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:28:34 -0500
Duke University Press is pleased to announce the publication of a new
book of interest to Screen-L subscribers.

Sylvia Chong's The Oriental Obscene: Violence and Racial Fantasies in
the Vietnam Era explores the impact of media representations of
violence during the Vietnam War on people in the U.S. Specifically,
Chong examines how images of violence done to and by the Vietnamese
affected the American psyche and animated a range of political
narratives.

For more information, please visit our website:
http://www.dukeupress.edu/Catalog/ViewProduct.php?productid=15578

--
Susanne Unger
Publicity and Marketing Assistant