SCREEN-L Archives

April 2006, Week 5

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:31:37 -0400
Working as I am on an opera for film and a screenplay whose main characters are opera singers (it surprises people when I say that it is *not* a period piece), I am interested in a couple of articles on opera & cinema mentioned by Yousseff Ishaghpour in _Cinema_ (with Jean-Luc Godard),  I have found it very difficult to obtain articles from other countries in the U.S., and when I was trying to do some research on Australian New Wave, found I ad no access at all.  Being not currently affiliated with the university (though they haven't canceled my e-mail account), ILL may be even more difficult.

The articles he refers to are both things he wrote.  One is "Opéra et Théâtre dans le Cinéma d'Auijourd'hui" in _La Différance_, 1995, and the other is "Cinéma et Opéra" in _Trafic_ no. 23 (1997).  I can read French, it's just a matter of how to get hold of these articles so I can read them.

Scott

Sent via the WebMail system at cix.csi.cuny.edu