SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

Sender:
From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 1994 17:18:58 -0600
Nikki asks:
"Has anyone been watching the excellent programme "The X-Files"? "

My wife and I started on it last year but gave up on it as it seemed to
be pulling out urban legends and tabloid headlines for plot ideas, without
developing any implications farther than their shock value.  I think the
clincher was the episode set in Iowa, where the writers could not be
bothered to check on the spelling of Lake Okoboji (a real tourist area and
recreation site in northern Iowa)>

--Don Larsson, Mankato State U., MN