SCREEN-L Archives

January 1999, Week 3

From:
Robin Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:08:40 +-100
Don't forget that favourite with Berlin audiences - Billy Wilder's One Two Three.  It borders on the hysterical.
Also I saw a film last year at the Berlinale Retrospective on the work of the Siodmak brothers - I believe the film in question was written by Curt Siodmak and follows a train on the verge of the outset of the Cold War (filled with characters representing each of the allied countries, and of course one is a murderous villian) on its way from Paris to Berlin.  Sorry, don't recall the title.  I only know that the protagonists were forced to exit the train in Wannsee because the track went no further ie was still bombed out.  Great footage of ruins.
Good Luck

Robin Curtis
AV / Medienwissenschaft
Hochschule für Film und Fernsehen