SCREEN-L Archives

November 1996, Week 3

From:
Benjamin Dodson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:57:53 CST6CDT
My name is Benjamin Dodson and I am a senior at the University of
North Texas.

I am writing two research papers this semester on related topics.
One is on the differences in marketing independent films and
mainstream studio films, and the other is on the importance of
television advertising to film marketing.

There seems to be very little written on these topics from an
academic perspective.  I believe the importance of the business
aspects of filmmaking in shaping the final product cannot be
underestimated.  Indeed, in the US, marketing often dictates what we
see.

I would appreciate any sources or general thoughts on the subjects.

I will be happy to share my findings with those of you who are
interested.

If you prefer, respond to me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thank you very much,

Benjamin Dodson