SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 3

Sender:
From:
Randy Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 17:43:41 -0400
  Hello,

  And thanks for taking a moment to read this!

  At Georgia State University, we are finally forming a student film
organization christened the Student Film and Video Association of Georgia
State University.  One of the professors behind it, Dr. Frank Tomasulo, may
be familiar to many of you because of his position as the Editor of the
Journal of Film and Video.  I'm one of his Managing Editors and a grad
student finishing a Masters in film and screenwriting.

  Right now, we're trying to set an agenda for our new group.  And I'd like
to ask you for ideas.  I imagine many of you are current or former members of
student film organizations.  And I'd like to know what activities you pursue,
regardless of how trivial or grand any ideas may seem.
  The initiative we have going right now is approaching the theatre
department and students involved in acting to get them signed up on talent
sheets so we can have talent files to turn to for actors and technicians.
  We've thought about approaching local production companies to ask for
obsolete or discarded equipment which they may find useless but we would find
a treasure.  We're still in the process of thinking how to word and deliver
our pitch.

  Any thoughts or ideas you can share will be greatly appreciated.  And
thanks for taking the time and interest to read this.

  Randy Carlson
  President, Student Film and Video Association of GSU

  e-mail: [log in to unmask]