SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

From:
COPPENS ANNE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 15:02:00 CST
Hi, I'm a student in communication research at Brussels Free University,
Belgium. I am preparing a paper on latin america and the so called media
imperialism of the industrialised countries.
I would like to have opinions about the following questions.

In how far is the latin american telenovela a typical latin american
product. Some authors, such as Schiller and Sinclair argue, the telenovela
is nothing more than a "latinised" copie of the US-soap-series.

Can we today, mid 90s, still use the term dependency referring to media
productions in Latin America.

Could someone give me informations about import and export of cultural
productions in Latin America, and about the role new technologies can play
in the international television flow.

 --
[log in to unmask] (COPPENS ANNE)
Student Communicatiewetenschappen