SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

Sender:
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 1994 09:38:02 CST
 I was just recently updating a file I keep of discussion groups on
 film and TV topics.

 Anyone know of any others?

 BITNET and Internet Discussion Groups on Film/TV

 BITNET lists that deal with film/TV realted topics are listed below
 (with their BITNET addresses).  Most Internet sites will allow you
 to somehow connect with a BITNET address.

 Specifically Internet lists can be found at the end of this message.

 SCRNWRIT@TAMVM1      Screenwriting
 CINEMA-L@AUVM        General film (the most active of all of these)
 FILM-L@ITESMVF1      General film
 FILMUS-L@IUBVM       Film music
 TV-L@TREARN          General TV
 AMIA-L@UKCC          Association for Moving Image Archivists
 HORROR@PACEVM        Horror films and fiction
 VISCOM@TEMPLEVM      Visual communication
                        (Internet address:  [log in to unmask])

 To subscribe to any of these lists, send e-mail to the LISTSERV that
 runs the list.  Please note that the LISTSERV address is slightly
 different from the address of the list itself.  In each of the cases
 above, send e-mail to [log in to unmask]  So, to subscribe to CINEMA-L,
 send it to:

 LISTSERV@AUVM

 In your e-mail, put the following command in the body of the message:

 SUBSCRIBE listname your-name

 Replace "listname" with CINEMA-L or whichever list you're joining and
 replace "your-name" with your name as you'd like it to appear on the
 list.  Thus, if I were subscribing to CINEMA-L, I'd send in the following:

 SUBSCRIBE CINEMA-L Jeremy Butler

 Now, if you want a big ol' list of every BITNET list you can have one
 mailed to you by sending e-mail to any LISTSERV (note:  use the LISTSERV
 address, not a list like SCREEN'L's) with the following command:

 LIST GLOBAL

 Send this to, say, [log in to unmask], and you'll get a file mailed
 to you with a one-line description of every BITNET list known to
 man and woman.

 Internet-only Lists

 FILMMAKERS    Technical aspects of filmmaking
               Send subscription request to:

          If the world were a logical place, Men would ride side-saddle.
                                  --Rita Mae Brown--

| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
| SCREEN-L Coordinator                 | BITNET   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |