SCREEN-L Archives

December 1991

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1991 21:53:11 EST
By coincidence, I just received the call for papers for the UFVA conference.
The Call and the poster use the Sarasota address:"for information contact the
Conference Host, Stuart Kaminsky, Florida State University, Motion Picture,
Television, and Recording Arts Conservatory, 5555 N. Tamianmi Trail,
Sarasota, FL 34243.

Even after many years of trying, I still can't sort out the locales of the
various state universities in Florida.  Sort of like the situation in Iowa
where only the natives and students know where University of Iowa and Iowa
State University are located.  (I had to graduate from the former to be sure
that it is located in Iowa City.)  There was a limited edition t-shirt
inscribed:"University of Iowa, Ohio City, Idaho"

Cal Pryluck
Dept of Radio-Television-Film
Temple University
<PRYLUCK@TEMPLEVM>