SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Adrian Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 1994 11:54:13 +1000
>>I've seen a few mentions of films and related information on CD-ROM (such
>>as Cinemania'94 and REBECCA).  Is there a good source to look for other film
>>related CD-ROM packages?  Any info. would be appreciated.
>>
>>Cam Williams
>          *                *                     *                  *
>Cam,
>
>I use Magill's CD-ROM, Survey of Cinema quite alot & find it very useful.
>Mega Movie Guide can be helpful but in general has more stuff(quick time
>film clips) but less information. BFI has a good CD-ROM film database out
>as well. Another one that I haven't tried but am interested in is
>International FilmArchive's CD-Rom.
>
>Finally what we are doing w/ Rabinovitz's Rebecca CD-ROM is the Film
>Library will get the CD-Rom as a companion to the film which the Film
>Archive already has.
>
>If you want or need more detail please let me know.
>
>Stephen

Stephen,

yes please. Could you post some addresses so that international members of
the list can take a shopping list to our University libraries requesting
these resources?

Thanks in advance
Adrian Miles

PhD student: Centre of Comp. Lit. & Critical Studies, Monash Uni.
Teach: Cinema/Media Studies, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Home: 293 The Boulevard, Port Melbourne, Victoria, 3207, Australia