SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 5

From:
Tony Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 14:26:23 CST
 This is very much off the beaten track. But I think one episode of the
60s series VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA titled "Only 12 of us are left"
involved a submarine trapped below the sea since the end of WW2. One of
the prisoners was a Japanese naval officer on friendly terms with his American
captors. When Admiral Nelson (?) rescues then and tells the survivors the news,
the Officer attempts hara-kiri.
  Also, perhaps the comic strip world might be worth exploring. I remember one
50s comic strip, "Johnny Hazard" dealing with the hero captured by Japanese who
think the war still continiues. The hero also discovers two American M.I.A's,
one good, the other bad.
 This is all from memory so check-up needed.
   Tony Williams