SCREEN-L Archives

January 1994

Sender:
From:
Jerry Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 1994 21:15:49 EST
     Guess I triggered some interest I din't expect.
(Hang on to your hat, Cal.)
     I obtained the copy of "War of the Worlds" at Temple University
back in the early 60's when I was doing my Masters under
Del Dusenbury and John Roberts.
     I tend to doubt that my copy is an "original" -- cranked out
at the Mercury Theater. -- however, it does have all the heading info.
Mercury Theater scripts are said to have had.  I do know it was
mimeographed and was a bit yellowed when I received it.
     In answer to a couple queries, "No, I have no idea where other
Mercury Theater scripts can be found."  I would be interested in
finding some of them myself, since I am a radio drama buff
and encourage radio drama production with my students as a way
of learning how "REAL" theater of the mind can work -- especially
now that we have multitrack capabilities with which to do it.
     If you would like a photocopy of my copy of the script,
please e-mail me directly.  If only one or two of you, I can handle
it.  If more, we may have to make some arrangement to cover copoying
and mailing costs.
Jerry Henderson
185 Moore Hall
Central Michigan University