SCREEN-L Archives

November 2002, Week 2

From:
Mark Nornes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:44:45 -0500

> In a message dated 11/10/02 3:40:49 AM, [log in to unmask]
> writes:
>

>> Yet he seems to be covered a lot by the serious cinema press, why?

I thought I'd follow up Dennis' post with a reading suggestion. I don't
have time to write my thoughts this morning, but I did co-contribute
"coverage" with Yueh-yu Yeh. It's a close textual analysis in hypertext
of Hou's City of Sadness, in my _serious_ opinion one of the finest
Asian films from the post-war era.

“Narrating National Sadness: Cinematic Mapping and Hypertextual
Dispersion,” CinemaSpace (Summer 1994), co-written with Yeh Yueh-yu,
(http://remarque.berkeley.edu:8001/~xcohen/Papers/
CityOfSadness/table.html).

Markus