SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

From:
Drew Halevy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 1994 09:41:22 -0500
my use of the term inane studipdity was referring mainly to plot/acting.
look at film like _class of 1999_ a truly stupid film. dumd story, horrid
acting and mediorce f/x. but i saw it while finishing my thesis for my
MA, and it was the perfect escape. i think in large part, for me, the
inane stupidity is internal. i am wasting time (and money) and i know it
but just don't care. anyway, it is cheaper than booze and less damaging.
iguess that makes me the village idiot or something. oh well,  i need
something to clear my mind.-drew