SCREEN-L Archives

August 2000, Week 1

From:
Nezih Erdogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:26:10 +0300
Dear All
I and a colleague of mine are conducting research on the reception of
Hollywood by the Turkish audience during the Cold War years. As part of
the project we are researching how the exhibition of American films were
controlled (or censored) by the Ankara branch of USIS (United States
Information Services). We contacted them but we are told that they had
no record of the said period. We urgently need help about this. Do they
keep copies elsewhere, eg in the US? Are there any sources which contain
information about this or any relevant subject?
Any suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

regards

Nezih Erdogan
Bilkent University
Ankara