SCREEN-L Archives

July 1993

From:
Scott Huddle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1993 19:49:40 EDT
>I would appreciate titles of films in which a woman or girl cross-dresses as
>a boy or man and "passes" successfully.

A woman (Linda Hunt) plays a man in _The Year of Living Dangerously_
and a woman (Tilda Swinton) plays a man turning into a woman
in the new film _Orlando_.  _Orlando_, by the way, has lots of
gender-bending characters and themes in the movie, and if you
figure any of the rest of it out, let me know.

Do these count?

-scott

Can I ask your thesis that you are trying to support?