SCREEN-L Archives

October 2007, Week 5

From:
Michele Hilmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:24:53 -0500
Hi all -- The Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research has just launched a new
website -- www.wcftr.commarts.wisc.edu -- not only a place to obtain more and better
information on the Center and its film, television, radio and theater collections, but to
introduce our new Featured Collections project.

The WCFTR's Featured Collections are aimed at providing a new kind of digital access to
archival documents and visuals, within a framework of authoritative information on a series
of significant figures, topics, and organizations in media history.  We selected the career of
actor and producer Kirk Douglas for our first Feature, as he is not only a highly creative
force in the history of US film and television, but is one of the Center's earliest and most
illustrious donors.  We will continue to add Featured Collections over the next several years,
in conjunction with our new Jarchow Archival Fellowship program.

Please help us get word out about our new site!  Circulate this announcement to any lists or
interested parties, and encourage those in our field to link to it -- on websites or blogs, or
by any means possible!  We really appreciate your help.

Best, Michele

Michele Hilmes
Professor, Media and Cultural Studies
Director, Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research
Department of Communication Arts
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, WI 53706
608-262-2543