SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
jon nealon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1993 18:40:54 -0400
Has COPS crossed anyone's mind regarding "must-see TV" ?

I realiize this show is widely despised for many reasons, Of which most are
valid.  But is also one of the most interesting television shows on Tv for
quite possibly the same reasons.  I believe it is the only "straight" docu-
mentary television show on.  ANd the consequences of the lack of apparent
mediation are sometimes overwhelming and confusing.
Please comment.  COPS is on saturday nights at 8 on FOX.  It is often shown
two shows in a row.  Watch it and find yourself yelling at the TV set.  It
can be liberating have such strong reactions to TV-whether positive or negative.
Jon Nealon
Ithaca College