SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Matt McAllister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 10:02:06 -0500
In my Media class, we talk about how some TV genres are cheaper to produce
than others, and we also talk about such issues as deficit financing.
Variety used to publish every fall every prime time network TV program, how
much the show cost to produce per episode, and how much the networks paid
program producers per episode.  But for the last couple of years Variety
has not published such information.

Does anyone know where I can get up-to-date info about the costs and fees
of prime time shows?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Matt McAllister
Department of Communication Studies, Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA  24061-0311  e-mail: [log in to unmask]  ph: 703-231-9830