SCREEN-L Archives

September 2021, Week 4

From:
Ian Brookes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2021 08:03:16 +0000
Hi Dana,

I'm not sure that any such story actually exists. I don't think there was anything in the Hawks archives at Brigham Young University beyond the script.  A widely held view is that it was written by HH's daughter Barbara, although it's uncertain what 'it' might be. He talks about this a bit in the interview he did in Movietone News in a late interview with Kathleen Murphy, although I'm not sure if that can be taken at face value.