SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

From:
Jim Wehmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 1994 23:15:02 -0600
Unfortunately, I've been having to delete more than I've been able to
read of my discussion group stuff lately.. to  o many comings and goings.
But seems to me I saw a discussion of Gulf War going here not too long
aga o? If so  it isn't repeating things, I'd like to ask for some advice
for video colledt  ctions/compilations etc. of television coverage of the
Gulf War, or video docs, exposes, etc. of the war coverage in a more
gne  eneral sense. Teaching a course this fall in "o coverage" and
 represn entations
of war in 20th century..  . much empa hais  sis on "news coverage" a la
 Last    *Last
Casualty" * but also interested in poetry (WWI), essays and oral histories
(WWII), Korean War "silences" and (of course?) Vietnam films....
Would welcome suggestiosn    ns in general, particularly based on attempts,
successesa nd       and  /or failures you've made/had in similar courses....
But particularly interested in Gulf War materials, and where I might
order the ings....
Thanks in advance.
Jim Wehmeyer
Fort Lewis College