SCREEN-L Archives

October 1997, Week 3

From:
Margaret Morse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 08:55:34 -0800
Dear Jeremy,
        Congratulations on this very successful forum.
        Just a clarification about what is acceptable to post.  I sent this
post in to the Kuchar query, but so far as I know, it never was sent out,
judging from the fact I never got it from the list.  Was there something
counter regulations about it? I did mention an independently published film
source that people might never hear of otherwise.
        Thanks,
Margaret Morse

Re: Kuchar Bros.
Hope this information isn't redundant.  Are you familiar with George and
Mike Kuchar's *Reflections from a Cinematic Cesspool*? It is
autobiographical book with an extensive filmography and is a good resource
on the work in any case, as well as being entertaining.
        Should David Conner's suggestions not lead to the sources, you
could probably find distribution information in that book and if not, then
from the Kuchar brothers themselves.  George is in the San Francisco
directory.

The order info for *Reflections* is Zanja Press PO Box 11813 Berkeley CA
94701 Tel 510 655-0961 FAX 510 597 0474

Margaret Morse

>Screen-L's messages are all filtered (lightly!) by a moderator who
>checks to make sure they're appropriate for us before posting them to
>the list.  Our general policy is that less is better when it comes to
>moderating, however, and thus we occasionally err on the side of
>leniency and let through material that is borderline.
>
>This is by way of explanation for a few borderline posts that have
>appeared over the past couple of weeks.  We're training a new moderator,
>Amy Chu, and she's still getting a feel for what is and is not
>acceptable for Screen-L.
>
>Amy is a graduate student here at the University of Alabama in the
>Telecommunication and Film Department, which sponsors Screen-L.  Our
>other moderator currently is Hong-Sik Yu--also from UA's TCF Dept.
>
>Additionally, on the Screen-L "staff" is Don Larsson, who has been doing
>a terrific job weeding out the dead addresses and generally keeping
>Screen-L lean and mean.
>
>Finally, I am Screen-L's "owner" (in the jargon of LISTSERV, the
>software that runs Screen-L)--the person who started the list in 1991
>and oversees its operation.
>
>Please let me know if you have any comments or queries about Screen-L.
>
>Jeremy Butler

>Associate Professor
>Telecommunication and Film Dept.
>University of Alabama
>Tuscaloosa, AL  35487
>
>----
>Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
>http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite

University of Alabama.