SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 4

Sender:
From:
mylan p sloan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 21:07:59 EDT
Here are a few yucks. Enjoy:

PULP DICTION

[from Harper s Magazine  Readings  section]
>From a list of English subtitles used in films made in Hong Kong, from a
book entitled  Sex and Zen & a Bullet in the Head,  compiled by Stefan
Hammond and Mike Wilkins, to be published in August by Fireside.

I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.
Fatty, you with your thick face have hurt my instep.
Gun wounds again?
Same old rules: no eyes, no groin.
A normal person wouldn t steal pituitaries.
Damn, I ll burn you into a BBQ chicken.
Take my advice, or I ll spank  you without pants.
Who gave you the nerve to get killed here?
Quite or I ll blow your throat up.
You always use violence. I should ve ordered glutinous rice chicken.
I ll fire aimlessly if you don t come out!
You daring lousy guy!
Beat him put of recognizable shape!
I have been scared shitless too much lately.
I got knife scars more than the number of your leg s hair!
Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected.
How can you use my intestines as a gift?
The bullets inside are very hot. Why do I feel so cold?

Miles