SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 1994 09:32:06 CST
We hope not, but if you are leaving your e-mail account for the summer, you
should be sure to turn off your SCREEN-L subscription before you go.
Otherwise, you'll return to a stuffed mailbox and error messages will
bounce back to me and I'll have to exterminate your address from the list
manually and we don't want that.

You have two options...

1.  To leave SCREEN-L permanently:

Send e-mail to [log in to unmask]  Please do *not* send mail to
[log in to unmask] as it will be distributed to everyone.  Put the
following in the first line of your message:

unsub screen-l

This will also work:

signoff screen-l

When you return you can re-subscribe to SCREEN-L by sending mail to
[log in to unmask] with the following:

sub screen-l YOURNAME

2.  To leave SCREEN-L temporarily, keeping your name on the list:

Send e-mail to [log in to unmask]  Please do *not* send mail to
[log in to unmask] as it will be distributed to everyone.  Put the
following in the first line of your message:

set screen-l nomail

This suspends mail delivery, but keeps your name on SCREEN-L's list.  When
you return, start delivery again by sending mail to [log in to unmask]
with the following:

set screen-l mail

That oughta do it.  Send questions or problems to...

  Jeremy Butler
  SCREEN-L Coordinator                           [log in to unmask]
  Telecommunication & Film Dept. * University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa